Monday, December 29, 2008

Our Exciting Christmas & Snow in Thatcher



I had been looking forward to Christmas morning for so long. At 19 mo. Luke would old enough to finally get excited about opening presents and getting new toys. Luke had been sick with a fever the few days before Christmas, so his schedule was pretty out of wack. By the time it was after 1o a.m. Ty and I couldn't wait any longer and got Luke out of bed. He was still pretty groggy and didn't know what to think at first, but after a little bit he got really into playing cars with dad on his new car road rug. After that we let him have at his stocking. That was probably his favorite part, because Luke loves candy!!!







After that Ty's parents stopped by, and we opened the rest of the presents with them. We had a nice lunch with Ty's family that afternoon, and later that evening my parents and the 2 kids still at home made the drive from Pinetop to Thatcher to come and see us. My family had to leave the next afternoon, but we still enjoyed their visit even though it was short.




The evening of the 26th it actually started snowing in Thatcher!!! Snow is not unheard of in Thatcher, but with a climate not much cooler than Phoenix, it definitely does not snow every year. This was the first time I've ever seen it snow here. I think I was more excited than anyone else. By morning we accumulated about 1 whole inch!!! The moment Luke woke up that morning I put his snow gear on him and took him outside so he could play in the snow on this momentous occasion. He went pretty unwillingly at first, but after a lot of coaxing he enjoyed it a bit. I was so happy there was enough snow to make Luke a little snowman warrior chief.

3 comments:

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

What a rare sight!! snow in thatcher. I bet luke was interested!

Crafty Cowgirl said...

thats cool that u guys got to play in the snow! And it was nice seeing you guys when i was in town! U guys make such a cute little family- I'm so happy to see that it's still growing congrats! Hey u can check out my blog and see who I married- sorry u guys werent able to meet him

The Helvig Familiy said...

Rachel, oh my goodness! It has been so long! How have you been? Your little boy is sooo cute. How fun that you guys are living in Thatcher! Hope all is well!
Becky