Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Horrible Mom!!!

I knew better than to let him try to get out of the bathtub by himself. Both he and the tub were wet and slippery. I saw him falling in my mind an instant before it happened. I reached out to stop it from happening, but I was too late. His face hit the side of the tub with a painful thud and a moment later there was a deafening scream. Now my son is missing a huge hunk out of his front tooth!
Ty's been calling him Chip. Good thing we have a dentist in the family who's offered to fix it for us, so he doesn't have to go through the next 4 years like this.
His black eye from just before his second birthday had just gone away, and I was planning on taking some 2-year-old pictures of him. Oh-well!!!

2 comments:

RiChArd and MeReDitH said...

I chipped the exact same tooth when I was little...the day before pictures in 3rd grade. lucky kid!!!

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

OH no! pour guy. You are not a bad mom, it is really hard to be there every single time they could get hurt, even if you are watching and even in you are close enough to touch them. These things just happen, they are kids. Its nice to know that you have away to fix it I bet!