Friday, August 20, 2010

"A Really Fun Day"

I'd been missing my sister Necia lately, so I finally decided to do something about it. In case you didn't know she is pregnant! I am probably more excited than she is! Haha! She is due Jan. 28th. Since I wanted to see her, I packed up the boys and headed down to the Valley for a day trip to have fun and spend time with her. We hung out together while we went around doing things the kids would enjoy. Necia suggested that we go to the Phoenix Children's Museum, so the day before I went down I hunted the internet for coupons to no avail.  I finally just called the museum and asked if they were currently running any discounts. The lady told me about the Phoenix Cultural Pass available at the Phoenix Libraries. There are only a very limited number available that people can check out for a few days. I did a search and was lucky enough to find out that two passes that would each allow free enterance for 2 people would be coming available the morning we would be down there. We got to the Library 30 minutes before it opened, and got to hang-out with some very nice and friendly homeless people. Long story short, we were able to get the passes which saved us $36 in admissions costs. If you live in the Phoenix area, I would really reccomend taking advantage of these Cultural Passes. They have them available to lots of awesome places like museums that will get 2-4 people in totally free per pass. We all really loved the Children's Museum. Although, I think the AZ Science Center may still be my favorite. We also got to walk around the ASU Downtown Campus where both of my sisters will be attending school this fall.

Luke's favorite: Car Racing!

Necia and Grady. Grady just absolutely loves riding bikes more than anything in the world.
After that we relaxed, and then we went to the Tempe Beach Splash Park. I had heard about it for a long time, and had always wanted to take my kids there. They had a blast! I think they were just the perfect ages for it. Best of all, it was free too! Notice the snorkle in Luke's hand in every picture? He insisted on bringing it, and I don't think he even set it down for a second.

This is a nice action shot. While I was trying to take a few shots of Luke coming down the slide, this little girl came up to the slide before Luke was getting ready to come down. Her mom had been yelling at her for quite a while for her to get out of the way of the slide. She didn't pay attention to her mom, and she got seriously flattened by Luke! Luckily no one was seriously hurt.
We ended the day with a little bit of shopping, because we just can't resist! As we were headed out to the car to go home, Luke said to me "This was a really fun day, mom!". Yes it was! Thanks Necia!

2 comments:

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

Wow what a fun day! I wish my sister was a drive away...well i guess not a 26 hr drive away:)

That really makes me want to be there. I love the pic where Necia is pushing Grady through the WRONG WAY tunnel! How cool that you got free passes to use from the library! Did you have to get a library card too?

Jessie said...

Fun trip! Wish I could see Necia too. :)