Sunday, December 5, 2010

It's that time of year

To start things off, I just really love this picture of my boys playing with their trucks out back behind our house.






 So last Sunday we had crazy cold (for us) and windy weather. It really felt like winter. In a matter of 24 hours we went from having almost all the leaves still on our tree to all the leaves being on the ground. When it warmed up this week I took the boys outside to play in them. I think they actually had more fun trying to rake the leaves than anything else.

Afterwards we had a snack.
Yesterday was a great day. Luke helped Ty hang the Christmas lights outside.  Luke felt very important holding the lights. Seeing the excitement and joy on my children's faces really reminded me why we go through all this work to get our house ready for Christmas inside and out. We also went out and got our beautiful real tree last night. This morning we finally finshed setting it up. I'm sure I'll post pics of the tree later. Love this time of year! It really feels like Christmas now.

5 comments:

Jessie said...

I love this time of year too! That last picture is precious. :)

Lacey said...

I love the last picture too! So cute!

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

What a big helper!! I think 3 year olds are so fun.

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

This is what I think about lenses and camera upgrades. A new camera is only going to make a difference if you upgrade a lot. And that means big bucks!! I think your money could be spent more efficiently with a new lens. Especially if you want something new because you want to capture images you haven't been able to get sometimes (my kids and the animals at the same time!) I also think I would want a lens that has zoom, because I already have one that takes great close ups (i know it could be better but still.) Then after that maybe I would go back for another prime lens. But you are way smarter about this stuff than I am!!

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

I think I changed my mind. I've been looking up lenses on line and reading reviews etc. I think the Canon 35 mm f/2 sounds perfect for me! I love the 50 mm but I need to be able to get a little closer sometimes. That 35 mm I bet would help a lot with that. I don't know much about how each lens works with color etc. I also was reading about the Tameron 17-50 mm f/2.8 lens. It seemed great too. --- Oh look what you started!! j/k I've been thinking about it for a month or so now.