Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Things that make me smile

Here's mainly a couple of pictures from the last couple of weeks along with my rambling thoughts. Grady. Well Grady is a funny kid. He loves to wear hats. He has become quite the fighter. Just the other day, Luke had something he wanted, so he climbed on top of him and bit Luke on the bottom! Things like that seem to happen all the time now. He doesn't let the fact that he is the little brother keep him down! This means that he has been spending more and more time in time out lately, which is kind of hard because I'm not sure he really understands the concept of  a "time out" very well yet. He is also getting older. Last month he was so funny. Every time you would ask him a question, and it didn't matter what sort of question it was, he would answer "No!" or "Nothing!".  For example, my cousin Jessie said to him "Grady are you going to date before you are 16?". Grady answered "No!". He hasn't done that nearly so much this month. His talking is getting better and better. Everyday he learns so much! About 3 weeks ago, I decided it was time to re-potty-train Luke (it's a long story. Email me if you are dying to know it.), and I had this crazy thought "What if I just potty-train both boys at the same time?!". I didn't have much hope for Grady since he was only 21 months old, but much to my shock and amazement he has done really really well.

A sticky Cheetos hand print on one of our doors. It honestly made me sad to wash it off, because I thought someday there won't be little sticky hand prints all over the house. I know I should be happy about that, but for some reason I just got all sentimental.

 Luke starts T-ball next month! Can you believe that! All his life I've been waiting for him to be old enough to play organized sports, and I can't believe that time is already here! We went out and got him his first glove, and we've been practicing in the backyard when it's not too windy. Grady likes T-ball too. I'm sure Grady will have a hard time not understanding why he can't play too when we go to Luke's games.




 On the 16th, Ty did Pat's Run. I know I should have tried to do it, but I lacked all motivation to train. Ty did great though!

 We stayed in the valley that whole day and went to an ASU Spring football scrimmage that afternoon. After the game they let everyone come out onto the field.This is what Luke did the second we got down there.


Afterwards, we went with Ty's brother's family to this fun little indoor kid play place. 

I have a garden! Ty even plowed it for me this year with that little tractor thingy. Now I am just crossing my fingers and hoping that things will grow, and that the wind won't kill them! Have I ever mentioned that I love working outside? So far this year I have trimmed our tree, which is twice as high as our house and planted my garden. I've started painting our back porch too. 

 Grady can make a hat out of anything!

Love that bum!

Grady "helping" dad.
Thanks again for putting up with another long post. I have a lot of cute pictures from Easter that I'll put up here sooner or later. Tomorrow is also Luke's birthday! Wahoo!

4 comments:

ToddNSass said...

Your kids are super adorable as always! Thanks again for watching the kids the other day! They had a blast! Evan said Madi pinched Grady. I'm so sorry!

Jessie said...

Such cute pictures! Happy birthday to Luke! Grady sounds like a riot. I can't believe potty training went so well. And your boys totally look at home on a tractor! Can't wait to have a garden too.

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

You are one brave lady!! Sorry about he re-potty training thing. I think I would rather pay big bucks for someone else to potty train my kids... I know your thoughts are similar:) Good luck Grady! Love all the outdoor pics. Cute cute boys.

Jessie said...

Quick question: How did you get tcbotb thingy at the BOTTOM of your blog? :)