Saturday, July 26, 2008

Busy July

Well, I've been waiting for something interesting to happen in our lives before I make our second real post, and, at least as far as I'm concerned, these past couple of weeks have been pretty interesting. I'll start with the biggest news. My little sister Necia is engaged!!!!! I am probally just as excited as she is. She is going to marry Tyson Adams of Show Low at the end of September. I knew she always wanted to be just like me, so now she's going to marry a Ty(son) of her own.
On a not so happy note, I got strep throat this last week. I don't think I'd had that since I was about 14, and it was just as miserable as I remembered it to be. I just layed around and didn't eat anything and watched our house turn into an absolute mess. Luckily though, I think I managed not to spread it to anyone else. I was so worried Luke would get it.
Last Saturday was Thatcher's big 24th of July celebration, and oh boy it was huge! I rode on our ward's float playing pioneer songs on my violin. After that there was a big program, dinner, games, and fire works at the EAC football field.
This week was the big Dowdle family reunion near Heber, Az. (Dowdle is Ty's mother's maiden name.) I don't think there are many familys bigger than Ty's extended family. We had a blast camping, visiting with family, playing horseshoes and ghetto Uno! Luke was covered in dirt at the end of each day and loved it. The only bad part was that we were only able to be there 2 of the 4 days, because Ty had to work. Anyways, I hope all is well with all of you, and that has been our busy and fun last couple of weeks!

2 comments:

Kelly Merrell said...

Necia is marrying Tyson?!? That is crazy! He is a cute kid! Speaking of cute kids, I love looking at pictures of your little boy! I didn't do EFY in Thatcher. I thought I met him in Eager. I think he was the one who named our group "Kindred Spirit", from Anne of Green Gables. I wonder if he remembers that, or if I am thinking of someone else.

The McCall Family said...

We had so much fun seeing you at the reunion. Haven and I are already praticing our ping pong so we don't lose next time. I hope we see you guys again soon