Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A look at the last couple weeks

These last few weeks have been busy, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Here's some pics of the last 2 weeks. Starting with tonight.

Luke walked around tonight for an entire hour with his last mouth-full of dinner in his right cheek! He just went about doing what he normally does and it didn't slow him down. Ty finally made him spit it out so that we could brush his teeth before bed.



I was lucky enough to be able to spend some time Monday and Tuesday with my friend Savannah and her little girl Rhylan before they moved to Mississippi today. Luke and Rhylan are just a month apart. Savvy and I already had their futures planned out together before they were born. Anyways, we had fun at the park in Pinetop. We fed the ducks a burnt waffle. Luke loved throwing the bits of waffle at the ducks. Rhylan just ate the waffle. For some strange reason known only to one-year-olds, they both wanted to drink out of the other one's sippy cup over their own. I will definitely miss them, but I'm really excited for their big adventure move to the South.

Also while I was in Lakeside I went wedding dress shopping with my little sister Necia. We went to the shop in Show Low where I rented my dress from, and they had the exact same dress that I wore on my Wedding still there. I had to put it on again just one last time.

A little over a week ago, I took Luke to the swimming pool. He was playing on one of those lounging beach chairs and fell. Two of his bottom teeth poked through the skin just below his lip. He started screaming and I was scared to see blood coming from both the inside and outside of his mouth. (It might be hard to see from the picture.) I'd heard stories of teeth going through kid's skin before and it always ended with scars and the kid needing stiches. I was suprised when it was all cleaned up that it was only a tiny little cut. Once the lifegaurd gave him a popsicle Luke was fine.

My cousin Lauren got married on our 4th anniversery, August 7th. Ty and I got to eat breakfast together, but that was it. I went down to Mesa that night for her wedding with Luke. It was so much fun to see all my family again at the wedding. The next night in Pima she had a reception, and I had so much fun danceing like I hadn't since I was in college.

We also had lots of fun just being at home too. This is Luke trying on his dad's work boots. He loves shoes!

2 comments:

RiChArd and MeReDitH said...

Rachel,
Is Necia getting married? I am so sad when I see pics of you and Savvy together with your babes and I am not there...sad because I am not there with you and sad because I don't have a baby their age...but I am so glad that you guys have been able to see each other and that you have a boy and sav has a girl...you have had that planned out for a LONG time! love ya!

Anonymous said...

Who is the guy your cousin married? He looks like my cousin who lives in Pima. Anyways, I am really sorry for poor Luke. I hate when my kiddos get hurt!