Saturday, October 4, 2008

My Unexpected Weekend and FHE

I was sooooo looking forward to doing absoluty nothing and just sitting around and watching conference this weekend after being gone everysingle weekend in September. (Not that I'm complaining about being gone, because I loved having fun things to do and places to go.) Things would not work out according to plan though. After Ty woke up this morning, he says to me "I have something I need to show you." I was worried, and then he smilied revealing a chipped front tooth! He chipped the tooth when he was a kid and had it fixed, but somehow last night the plaster had come off. We immediately drove to Tucson for his "cosmetic dentistry emergency". Luckily we called Ty's brother Lan who is a dentist in Tucson and he said he could fix it today. I was really glad we made the quick trip though. I loved spending time with Lan and Sarah and their family, and we even got to meet their newest addition Kate who is now 1 month old. Lan taught his kids to call Ty Uncle Billy Bob. It was a great day, and my only regret is that I didn't get a picture of Ty as Uncle Billy Bob.
Luke adoring his new little cousin Kate.
Aurie playing with Luke in Lan and Sarah's beautiful back yard.

I know I'm such a slacker, but as a family this week for the first time we had a real Family Home Evening. I was so excited when The Church recently came out with the new Nursery Manuel, and thought "that's something we could use for FHE!" I think Luke enjoyed it, and actually paid attention for most of the 5 min. lesson. My goal from now on is to be really consistent with holding FHE every Monday night.

At the end of every lesson there is a coloring page for the kids. Luke loved coloring his page and coloring all over daddy's too!

3 comments:

The Gwynns said...

Very cool, I have heard of that book and am glad it worked out for you. Its hard for us to do FHE and we have had regular scriptures for a long time! Maybe if we used the nursery one it would work better for us too!

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

That is so funny that he broke the news to you like that. I would be scared too. Poor Ty. That reminded me of the time Trent weaver came to our apartment missing a front tooth from basket ball! oh and good idea with the nursery book and FHE you are doing great, its hard.

Matt and Megan said...

Rachel I found your blog! I found sara's blog, on lori's blog, which led me to yours! I love the pics of Luke in his suit! He could so be a baby model! And I told Matt we have to go on a cruise cause that looks like so much fun!!