Tuesday, October 28, 2008

October Update

Well, it's been a while since I've posted what we've been up to lately. We're getting excited for Halloween. Here's some pics of Luke last year as a turtle. He was only 6 months old and soooooo cute! Oh the memories!



About 2 weeks ago we went to the world-famous Graham County Fair. We went to the fair parade on Friday morning and to the Fair on Saturday. I was a lot of fun looking at all the animals, prized vegetables, and art exhibits. Luke's favorite animals were the pigeons.

Luke with his Nana and Great-Grandmother and cousins

That grand champion pigeon really was pretty nice.


I was so proud of myself last week. I made pumpkin pie from scratch, including the crust, from a pumpkin I grew from my own backyard. It was a lot of work, and I don't know if I'll ever do it again, but it was worth it for just this one time.
THE PUMPKIN
THE PIES
ENJOYING WITH FAMILY

3 comments:

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

WOW i didn't even know what was possible anymore..to make pumpkin from a pumpkin. I miss the fair. Remember when we went with Jordan Marble and all he wanted to do all night was look at the animals? ugg, but i think it is fun now with kids.

Britney and Kevin said...

That looks like tons of fun! We're coming to Thatcher this weekend. If you want to give me your address some how, maybe we can meet up and hang out!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Rachel! You're like Martha Stewart. Was the pie better than pumpkin pie from the can? I've always wanted to try it but never have.