Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's that time of year again!!!



FOOTBALL SEASON!!!
I do love watching football. Not nearly as much as Ty, but I do love it. Maybe the love comes from my days at Blue Ridge, watching the team go undefeated during the regular season from the time I was in 2nd grade till after I graduated high school. Winning isn't everything though. I loved going to the Eastern Arizona College football games with my roommates when I went to school there even though they didn't win a single game those whole 2 years!

Ty and I became big ASU Football fans while we were students there. We sat in great front row seats for cheap in the student's section in our own little corner away from all the drunk, crazy, and half-naked students. During one of the seasons while we were there ASU started this wristband policy. In addition to having a student ticket we had to show up at a certain time and place a few days before a game and stand in line and get a wristband that told us what section we had to sit in. The big home game vs. USC that year was completely sold out, and we were unable to get wristbands for the section we loved. I can't believe we actually did this, but to get into the section we wanted we scanned our old wristbands into the computer, photoshoped them so they looked like they were for the USC game, printed them out and wore them to the game!!! We were so stressed that someone would realize they were fake and kick us out of the stadium, but it actually worked! We got there super early, got to sit on the third row, and didn't move from our seats til the game was over! (I don't think anyone would be able to get away with making their own wristbands now. We were only able to get away with it because the policy was so new.)

Anyways, we are still Sun Devil fans. Ty took Luke to a scrimmage at the stadium last Saturday. All week he's been talking about how he wants to go to a stadium and see big TVs. Ty took these amazing pictures with his phone. After the scrimmage was over, Ty was able to let Luke run around on the actual Sun Devil Stadium grass!



I had fun doing my own little photo shoot with the boys in their Sun Devil gear.
I have such a hard time getting Luke to ever smile for a picture, but he does these great model-like pout faces all the time! Oh well!

3 comments:

Jessie said...

I didn't know you were such a rebel in college! :) Great pics with your camera too.

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

What ever...eac won that first game our second year! I think we were good luck with our purple wigs on! we should have done it for them every game...maybe that would be asking for it?

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

Yeah, Her name is Anita, they were roomies at EAC and she never left... They don't really talk much anymore, busy with their own families ya know. But yeah they are first cousins. Red hair too--funny huh, that is the side we get it from.