Thursday, August 20, 2009

A little bit of everything


First, I know this is kind of gross, but I've realized that I like the smell of spit-up. Last night Grady spit-up on my shoulder, and from then on every time I turned my head to that side I smelt it and liked it. Luke was quite the spitter-upper as a baby. All day long both of us were covered in spit-up. Grady isn't nearly as bad. I definitely don't miss being covered in spit-up all day long. I do really like the occasional whiff of it just because it reminds me of my babies. Please tell me I'm not the only crazy mom out there!

Anyways, Grady is now 2 months old. He's quite a big boy weighing 13 lbs. even (90th percentile) and is 22.75 inches (50th percentile) long. His head is in the 70th percentile. At his doctor's visit today the doctor said to me, "Now I don't want to make you feel bad or anything, but he's the 3rd baby I've seen today for his 2 month check-up and he's the only one not sleeping through the night." At this point, I would do just about anything for a good night's sleep! He still sleeps like a newborn waking up 2-3 times a night and rarely sleeping longer than 3.5hrs. in a strech. My biggest challenge is not taking out my lack of sleep on Luke. Other than the lack of sleep, he really is a very calm and happy baby. I shouldn't complain, because I know a lot of mom's who have had even worse sleeping problems.

There's nothing I love more than taking pictures of my boys (except for maybe eating a good dessert)! I had so much fun taking and editing these 2 month pictures of Grady. Having a new computer makes all the difference in the world, because now I can run my editing program without it freezing up or taking forever to edit 1 picture. Sorry there are so many pictures that look almost exactly alike. I was pretty disappointed that I only managed to get one picture of him smiling, because he's doing it all the time now. I still had a hard time choosing my favorites.







Ever since Grady has been born, Luke has been spending a lot more time with his dad especially in the evenings. My boys are so lucky to have such a great dad who truly loves spending time with them and is so excited to see them when he comes home from work. Here are a few pics of what they've been up to lately.



Daddy brought home a big box from work and turned it into a fort. What could be cooler than that?!


Luke and Dad spending some quality time relaxing, playing soccer, and looking at the stars outside.


4 comments:

Jessie said...

What a cool dad Luke has! They look like they have fun together. :) And I'm not envious of you and your lack of sleep at all. I NEED my sleep. I'd be so cranky. All I can say is hang in there. It's got to get better sometime, right? Plus, he's just so precious (your pics are great!) that he just has to be worth it.

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

I love the pictures of luck with daddy. They are fun. Also your pics of Grady are really good.

We are coming to pinetop for 2 weeks during our Christmas break!! I hope we can see you guys.

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

hey i just noticed that i wrote luck instead of Luke!! Sorry

Lacey said...

Cute pictures of Grady! Don't you love a good editing program! Makes a huge difference if you love to take pictures!

Your boys are so cute! And I'm not sure I ever liked the smell of spit up but when Elodie was a newborn (like 3 to 5weeks old) her poop smelt like buttered popcorn! It was the craziest thing!! Your not alone!