Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It's Christmastime in our home!!!

Poor Luke was not blessed with a crafty mom. So it was a rare occurrence yesterday when I got out the paper, glue and glitter and let him go at it. (I might have been a little bit crazy, but yes I did actually let my 2-year-old glue and glitter all by himself!) We made little Christmasy stars to hang over our kitchen table. It was fun.
I told Luke that we could glitter and glue the other side of the stars after he woke up from his nap, so the stars could have a chance to dry. After I told him that, he put his head down on the table, closed his eyes for approximately 2 seconds, and then said something along the lines of "I feel better now! Let's do our stars more!" Below is a picture of him pretending to nap.
So we finally decorated our Christmas tree last night! Yeah! I've insisted on getting a real tree every year since we've been married. I always forget how much work it is though! Our tree has come a long way since that first year when all we had on it were just a few glass balls and a homemade popcorn garland. (I miss my popcorn garland. I just don't want to spend the time to make it!) Our tree is pretty eclectic with no real theme. I have tried somewhat to stick to the traditional red and gold colors. I think one of my favorite parts of Christmas is getting to see all of my ornaments again. I'm totally stealing this idea from my cousin Jessie's blog, but here are a few pictures of my favorite ornaments. It was so much fun that maybe I'll look into becoming a professional ornament photographer, if there is such a thing!
I bought this one for our first Christmas together after we got married. It's already been broken and glued back together once. I think that adds to it's charm!
The nutcracker and nativity ornaments I got in Germany. I'd say that about 90% of my favorite ornaments I got in Germany when Ty and I chaperoned the high school German Club trip in June 2006.
This is just a random ornament that I've always liked. In the background is a handmade angel ornament that I got in Prague in the Czech Republic.

5 comments:

Britney and Kevin said...

That's awesome you did a craft with him. I'm never the type to get all crafty with my kids either, but when you do it, it's worth it! and love the ornaments.

ToddNSass said...

Once again, beautiful pictures! Thank you! I wish I had a good camera. My camera makes every tree shot look all blurry.

Jessie said...

Your tree is beautiful, Rach! It's fun to see all your awesome ornaments. You've been a lot of places! And I don't mind a little copy-cating, ya gotta remember those ornaments cuz they're sappy and mean so much for some weird reason.

Jessie said...

P.S. I'm really looking forward to getting some picture taking tips from ya over Christmas!

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

did he surprise you!! I never think Rhylan will be able to do something and then she shows me she can. You are getting so good at photography. I really like your fam pics you took. hey we have to see each other during Christmas break I will be in pinetop dec 17-31 when are you coming up?