Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My Grandma & Grandpa


(This is the best 4 generation picture we got. Too bad it's not really that great a picture of anyone. Oh well! I still love it!)


My Grandma and Grandpa Moffat came down from Idaho last week. They stayed a couple days at my parent's house, so I went up to go see them. This was the first time that they got to see Grady. The first thing my Grandma said when she held him was "He's got Moffat legs!". (For those of you who don't know, that means he has short, very sturdy legs!) I imagine it would feel good to see some of your traits living on in your great-grandchildren. Over the weekend we all went down to the valley for my Aunt Michelle's surprise 50th birthday party. It was great seeing cousins that I hadn't seen in way too long! Thanks for the awesome party Celeste!


It was really great spending time with them. My grandpa is hilarious! He is always telling jokes, and a lot of his jokes are about things your average Grandpa would think are inappropriate! Every time I see him, he always tells me the same story about me. Before I turned 2, and still lived in Oklahoma near them, my Grandpa taught me this little trick he used to impress others. He would say " Rachel, what does Grandpa say?" and I would answer "I love you Rachel!". Then one day, he was trying to impress a lady at a check-out counter and said "Rachel, what does Grandpa say?". According to the story, I then got a sly grin on my face and said "Hello Rachel!"



Don't let this woman's nice and friendly exterior fool you! You wouldn't believe a 76-year-old could be so cut-throat! We played games one evening, and she was sooo competitive! That must be where I got my competitiveness from! Thanks for playing with us Grandma! You made it so much more fun! It was so funny, seeing as how there were two Grandmas under on roof, Luke started referring to her as "different Grandma".


Luke absolutely loves spending time at my parent's house! He gets so spoiled! I get spoiled too. My mom watched my boys, and let me go skiing one day. I felt just like Lindsay Vonn in men's skis (my little brother's skis) flying down the mountain! Okay, so I didn't go that fast, I just seemed fast to me! We also got to take the boys swimming in the indoor Show Low pool. It was only Grady's 2nd time swimming. They both loved it!

Of course I couldn't resist taking my sisters out behind our house during a few minutes of good light for a few pictures. I don't think it's possible for anyone else to have sisters that look so different, but that are both equally so beautiful. Necia argued against having her picture taken, because she had spent the whole day cleaning and didn't feel beautiful. Obviously, she has no idea how gorgeous she is! Oh, and please tell me whether I'm nerdy or not for loving these shots with the wind in Emily's hair!

3 comments:

Jessie said...

How fun! I love family. I'm glad you got to get away for a few days. And I love all the pictures. Some of 'em made me laugh! Like the 4 generation picture and Luke sucking his straw. haha Tell Necia she has such a natural beauty--those green eyes! And Emily totally looks like a model with the wind in her hair. Too bad there aren't any of YOU!

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

Emily reminds me of a famous movie star...I can't figure out who but she looks familiar!!!

Good luck with the potty training. One thing that helped with the sticker chart this time around was, I made a big deal of RIPPING one off if she went in her panties. The we talked about how she is farther away form her doll!!! She didn't like that one bit. We also counted the stickers every time and emphasize how many more she needed to get the gift!!! We tried something like this back in December but this time there were pictures of the actual gifts she was going to get at the end of the chart. I think that was easier for her to understand when she could see it right there every time she went pee!

Again good luck I am pretty sure that is the hardest thing i have ever done!!!

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

I e-mailed you!!!