Tuesday, March 9, 2010

These past few days...

Potty training sure is an adventure! We've been potty traing Luke for about the past 4 weeks. So far, he's only peeded in his face once. He really is doing pretty well now though. Except, tonight he randomly came up to me while I was in the kitchen and placed a large nugget of poop into my hand and so innocently asked "Mama, what's this?" I was really grossed out, but calmly told him that it was poop and asked him if he had taken it out of his underwear. He said yes, and then we flushed it together. I think I spent at least 5 minutes washing my hands. On a happier note, Ty and I have made sure to give Luke lots of praise when he does it right. So now, Luke has started telling us "I'm so proud of you mom!" and "I'm so proud of you dad!" all day long, especially when we use the restroom! Whoever said parenting was a thankless job?!

Snow Day! On Saturday Ty and I took the boys up the mountain in the snow. Because they're so young, we didn't stay long. It was still nice to get away for a little bit.
These next two pictures speak volumes. Luke loved sleding. Grady did not.



Our Snowman. Luke loved helping to build him.


It was funny watching Grady try to eat snow with those mittens on.

Afterwards, we had a nice picnic lunch. Like father, like son!

My boys. I snapped this picture this afternoon. Ty, Luke, and Grady were watching a wind storm together. March in Thatcher = wind, dust, wind, tumbleweeds, wind, occasionally a couple of hours of perfect weather, and more wind!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Aaaaah! I can't believe the poop story! haha :)

what a cute family! Your pictures are beautiful. I love the idea of sledding in a laundry basket.

Matt and Megan said...

Those pictures of Grady are killing me!!! He looks so adorable in that little bundle of blue!! How fun! Matt wants to go to the snow so bad! But me not being able to travel puts a damper on things!