Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My baby has hair! Yikes!!!




I had fun trying out the mowhawk on Grady this past week just for fun. I think it really exaggerates/emphasises the length of his hair! It's probably time for his first hair cut, but I find myself really hesitating to cut his hair. He's only 8 months old! Luke got his first haircut when he was only 6 months old ( he already had enough for me to put it into a pretty good sized whale spout and cut it off)! I know I couldn't wait for Luke to grow up when he was a baby, and once I cut his hair he looked a lot older. I'm afraid that if I cut Grady's hair that he'll loose a big part of his sweet baby look. On the other hand, his hair is starting to get into his eyes, and I feel like I'd be a bad mom if I didn't do something about that. I was talking to a friend and fellow mother of very long haired babies, and she was saying that she doesn't cut her kid's hair until they are a year old. A big part of me really agrees with what she said. I'm thinking though, that I should just give him a little trim. I feel like baby hair is different than toddler hair or kid hair, and that the first hair cut is a pretty big deal. I'd love to hear your philosophy on baby hair!



Below: A picture ,taken yesterday, of what his hair looks like pretty much everyday.


5 comments:

Jessie said...

All I know is that all babies are cute and I'd be afraid to go after my own baby with a pair of scissors!

Awesome mohawk, Grady!

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

first your newborn pics are beautiful!! seriously, amazing:)

Second, yes I am American... and so is Riley, he only has Canadian blood now! But for the winter Olympics, come one we Arizonans barely know what snow it! GO CANADA!

Third...Just a trim can't hurt! I trimmed up Rhylan's long stray hairs as a baby just so she didn't look silly or sloppy. You could just even things up a little and it wouldn't look like a dramatic "hair cut." For that, I don't even think you need to save any. The real hair cut can come later. But my kids didn't really have hair. Rhylan didn't get a real haircut until after 2 year old. Just because she didn't need it:)

Chantel said...

I think trimming him up wouldn't hurt. Making it look cleaner and more even would help get it out of his eyes too. If it were me, I would cut the hair just because he's a boy. Girls are different but boys look better with the shorter hair. Ridge got his first hair cut at 8 months I believe and though it was hard to do, I loved how he looked after. That's me though. I have to add, the second picture doesn't even look like Grady. Looks like a completely different kid. Pretty funny actually.

Crafty Cowgirl said...

Cute pics! (As usual :)
It's funny u should ask about cutting baby's hair cuz my sis in law were just talking about it. My opinion might change when I finally get my own kid (my sis in law does have a boy). But so far I think its ok to cut their hair just to make them look nicer, especially on boys or on kids that only grow hair on certain parts of their heads lol! U know..like those kids that have a mullet ha ha! or something like that :)

Sara Evans said...

Well, I am an Allen! The hair needs to be trimmed up a bit Rache! He will still look like a baby, but you will be able to focus on how cute he is and not look at him like you want to keep moving his hair out of his eyes.