Monday, July 12, 2010

Update!!!

Okay, so it's been a long time since I've actually shared what's been going on in our lives, and since I am almost completely incapable of short posts, be prepared! Now that Grady is 1 that means big changes for him. First of all, I've started giving him cow's milk, and to my suprise he absolutely hated it at first! Hopefully now I can get him weaned from nursing in the next couple of weeks! Luke was really easy. He took to milk really well, and I had him weaned within 2 weeks of his 1st b-day! Second of all, Grady got his big boy hair-cut. Ty and I were both really relieved to see that he looks good with short hair (or at least we think he looks good)! He hated having his hair cut, so I know I probably missed a few spots, but here's the new do!

Regular
and Spikey!

Moving on. Swim Lessons! Luke took swim lessons for 3 weeks at the Safford Pool. The staff encouraged parents to not be present at the pool during swim lessons. If we really wanted to watch we had to do it from quite a distance away, so that our children could bond with their swim instructors. On the second to last day, they told parents to come and to bring their cameras. I was all over that! I'm so proud of my little Luke! He did so good, listened to his teachers, overcame a lot of his fears, and learned a lot! He can by no means, swim now, but overall it was a good experience for him.

We had a great 4th of July! All the festivities were on Saturday, and we spent almost all the day with Ty's family. We went to a parade that morning, swimming in the afternoon, dinner with Ty's family in the evening, and then fireworks at night! Luke was very scared of the fireworks, but after about 5 minutes at least he stopped screaming and shaking! Luke did love running around and pushing a big car in his Papa's dirt in his underware. On the actual 4th, Ty and his brother Aaron put on a little fireworks display for the family in the evening. Oh yes, and I just realized that I mispelled independence!
My favorite part of summer is just spending almost every evening in the backyard together as a family. I just love how I can get my camera to turn what would be an incredibly ugly background into beautiful creamy blurryness! I can't believe how tan Luke is getting either!

These next three are just for proof that Luke does at least occasionally wear clothing when playing outside! :)
Just look at those muscles!

This is my new favorite picture of Luke ever! I'm happy, because it is soooooo ridiculously hard to get him to look at the camera! Just look at those big brown eyes, as he relaxes in the backyard!
Our neighbors just upgraded swing sets, so they gave this one to us for free! We  have awesome neighbors! The boys have already had so much fun with it!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

so you do too live in a pretty place! look at those mountains and the sunset. I laughed out loud of the picture of Luke playing in the dirt in his underwear. :) And your favorite pic of Luke is AMAZING! Love the angle. And I'm personally a fan of the spiky hair--if you can't tell from Jed's dos. I like Grady's short hair better! Keep the updates coming!

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

I LOVE Grady's new hair cut, he looks even cuter, if it is possible. Both of your boys are so tan!! And way to go Luke at swimming lessons. Rhylan is still terrified every time we go:)