Friday, June 24, 2011

Another Crazy Week

I just felt like a chicken running around with it's head cut off for the majority of this month! I wouldn't have it any other way though. There have just been some many fun and great things to do. First, last Friday was my birthday, the big 2-7! Wahoo! I went out to lunch with my friend Amy, and then Ty took me out for a really nice dinner that evening (with no kids!). Grady's 2nd birthday and Father's Day landed on the same day this year, so Saturday evening we had a little party for Grady at our house with some of Ty's family.  I can't believe how quickly these last 2 years have flown by! Grady brings so much joy to our family. He has such a happy and easy going personality. To our amazement, he has turned out to be quite a good talker too, just like Luke. He already talks almost exclusively in full sentences now. Last night while I was tucking him in bed, I pulled up his covers over him and he said to me "That feels good Mom.". I love that kid! Even though they spend a good portion of every day fighting, Grady idolizes Luke. Over these past few months they have started learning to play well together. Actually, as I was typing this, I noticed it had gotten pretty quiet in our house. I found Grady and Luke together "hiding" in their closet together. So cute! Anyways, here's a few pictures from Grady's birthday, before I get on to the rest of the week.

Grady's motorcycle racing cake. He's really got a thing for motorcycles. Hopefully he'll grow out of it before he get's his license!

All the little cousins at the party.

My mom got him the prefect present for his birthday. A helmet!!! He absolutely loves it and has worn it almost everywhere. I just love his expression of pure joy in this picture!




Sunday morning. Whole wheat chocolate chip pancakes, a favorite at our house!

I felt bad that I didn't get to do anything too special for Ty on Father's Day. He had left for church meetings, before any of the rest of us had even woken up. A couple hours after church we had dinner at his mom's house. We had 2 left over birthday cakes along with some leftover sugar cookies, so I didn't get to make him anything special all day. I don't think he really minded though. Here's a few shots of him with the boys that from that day though. I know I picked the perfect father for my future children when I decided to marry Ty!

Kisses!!!




Of course we went swimming this week too. I got the kids new goggles. They love them!

Luke also had 3 T-ball games this week. Wednesday night was his last game. Luke really loved T-ball, and he had finally really figured out the game when it was time for the season to end. I was ready for it to end though, because he was playing in 108 degree weather that last game!


Also, I finally got around to taking Luke out to take his 4-year-old pictures. I'm such a slacker. He's been 4 for 2 months now! Oh well! I just think he is adorable. Here's 1 pic from our session. My next post will probably be the rest of the pictures.

It's been so nice to have a quiet morning this morning, but we've got a busy afternoon ahead of us! On Monday, I'm in charge of a huge Primary water activity. That will be complete craziness, but lots of fun too. Lots of good things still to come this summer!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

First off, your grass looks sooo green! :) Happy Birthday Grady! He is so cute. I love that sunflare picture--is he still wearing his helmet? Too funny. His cake looks awesome. And to make you feel better, I didn't do too much for father's day either: just made a special dinner, and Bron grilled the burgers! haha Your summer sounds great! Good luck at the primary activity.

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

Gracin has that same helmet! What a cutie, happy birthday Grady. He seems like such a smart little guy, speaking in sentences, impressive!! Can't wait to see the rest of Luke's pictures.