Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ahoy Matey!


Ty and I have been meaning to do something special just the two of us for quite some time now, and we finally did it. On Thursday we set sail from San Diego on the Carnival Elation cruise ship for Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. We left Luke with my mom. I cried when I left him, and I was really worried that he would have a really hard time being away from us and make things really hard for my mom. Turns out he had a great time being spoiled rotten by his grandparents and aunts and uncles. Ty and I had a great time.
The view from our room. We were quite pleasently suprised when we got aboard that we got a room with two port hole windows. We had signed up for an inside room with no windows, because they are a lot cheaper. It was so cool being on this gigantic ship with ocean being the only thing you can see from all sides. We saw a lot of great shows and just relaxed and ate (they had good food all you can eat 24/7)a lot. Can I just say that all the drunk people were really entertaining too! The best part though was the day we spent on shore in Cabo. Ty and I signed up for an excursion that took us on a boat ride for 45 min. to this place called Chinleo Bay where we went snorkeling. The water was perfect and the fish were amazing. To quote my husband: "This is one of the coolest things I've ever done in my whole life!" Later we went by boat to see Lover's Beach. On one side of the beach is the Pacific Ocean and on the other is the Sea of Cortez. The beaches were just so perfect. Definitely a vacation to remember!

Every evening the housekeepers left us these towel animal creations on our bed. Cool!

Ty mini glofing on the ship in the middle of the ocean.

Every evening we went to a nice dining room where we got to order as many of the deliscious apitizers, entrees, and desserts as we wanted!



The seals basking on the rocks. We got a kick out of hearing them bark, and they sure are smelly creatures!

Us in front of the Lover's Beach.

Two very good looking snorkelers! j/k
Below- Ty snorkeling at Chinleo Bay


A seagul on our ship in the San Diego Bay with the U.S.S. Midway in the background.

8 comments:

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

WOW, I was wondering when you were getting back from your cruise, i though about you almost every day you were out there...thinking she must be having so much fun!!! call me this weekend sometime and tell me all about it! The pictures are beautiful by the way.

Quinn said...

So now I'm convinced that a cruise is definitely the way to go for a relaxing and unstressful vacation (of course we'd have to leave Franklin with family as well, in order to achieve that). Those are amazing pictures! By the way, why is it called Lover's Beach?

Jeff and Rachell Massey said...

how awesome! I can't wait to go on a cruise that would so much fun. So how is Thatcher? I went to EA there. that is actually where Jeff and I met. Funny. How do you like it. What is Ty doing? Im glad that we can keep in touch.

Skylar & Chanell said...

How fun!! Looks like you two had a nice get away. Your pictures are amazing.

Mariley Johnson said...

Hi Rachel and Ty ...and Luke? When did he happen?! It's so fun to see you again. Aren't blogs great for finding old friends?

Britney and Kevin said...

I'm so jealous! That is so awesome you guys got to do that!

Lacey said...

HOW FUN! We want to take a cruise so bad! Some friends of ours want to do this same cruise next summer..looks like you guys had a great time and we can't wait to start planning our cruise!

Natalie said...

Nat and I are totally jealous. We keep talking about doing something fun, and then remembering, uhhh, maybe some day. You guys are the best. Great pics. Jon.