Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Missions and Marriage

For all of you that know him, my little brother Jeffrey got his mission call a couple of weeks ago to Frankfurt, Germany. I'm so excited for him. He'll be my first sibling to serve a mission. I think we were all hoping that he would get to go to Germany, but didn't dare say it out loud. Our family has had numerous German exchange students over the years, some for only a couple of weeks and 2 stayed the whole year. In 2006 Ty and I chaperoned Jeffrey's high school German Club trip to Europe for 1 month.
My little sister Necia is getting married on Friday, and she'll be my first sibling to get married. I've been the lone married sibling for 4 years and I am more than ready for her to join me! This past weekend I went up to Snowflake to be there with Necia and Jeffrey as they went to the temple for the first time. I am so proud of both of them. On Saturday we also threw Necia one of the best bridal showers ever.

Necia and Jeffrey at the Snowflake Temple

Jeffrey, Ty and one of our exchange students Heidi at the Frankfurt, Germany Temple in 2006

Ty, Jeffrey, and Heidi in Frankfurt watching a world cup game on the river.

3 comments:

J*T*B*B said...

Hey Rachel! I am in Germany - but in Ramstein. The Frankfurt mission I think still, even though Franfurt is not part of our area anymore...hmmm I should check on that! Anyway, hope you and your little fam are doing great!

Taren

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

That is really cool that they went through the temple at the same time. I bet it was great for your family also to be able to have it all in one day!!

Lacey said...

We were just at the Snowflake temple this last Thursday, the 25th..my sister in law took her endowments out! We left our girls with Steve and LaShelle and had a nice session!