Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas

We've had a busy last two weeks. We've had a lot of fun, but it's good to be home. A couple of days before Christmas we got together with Ty's family to make some Brenley bears. My niece Brenley was born really early and spent her first Christmas in the NICU. Every year her family makes these little bears and gives them to the newborns that will be spending their first Christmas in the same hospital where Brenley spent her first Christmas. She is now 13 and healthy, beautiflul and talented. This year we got to help put the bears together.




We pull the big switch-er-roo on the kids for Christmas this year. We celebrated Christmas at our house on the 24th. That afternoon we suprised my parent's by showing up at their house and spending Christmas Eve and Christmas with them.





Christmas morning was so much fun for me! Nothing is better than seeing your kids so excited and happy. Luke loved his train set, and helping his little brother open his presents. Even though Grady is just a baby, I think he realized that there was something special about that day.







Ty's mom stopped by to say hi and give the boys a couple of presents. They love their Nana.


At my parent's house Luke told Grady repeatedly that he was too little for candy, but that didn't stop Grady from trying to steal it from Luke when he wasn't looking.


Grady loved the wrapping paper, but he didn't love wearing his little santa hat.




The day after Christmas we drove up to Utah. My grandparents celebrated their 50th anniversary this December. We all celebrated by spending a couple of days together up in the Provo Canyon. Almost everyone was able to make it there. We went on a sleigh ride which Luke absolutely loved. We also went swimming in a crater that was 65 ft. deep in 90 degree naturally heated water. One morning we went cross-country sking. Just spending quality time together was the best part. It meant a lot to my grandparents to get to spend time with my kids, because they are their only great-grandkids. Below is my cousin Jessie posing almost 6 months pregnant in her husbands snow pants.


We went to Temple Square one night to watch my cousins perform some Celtic dancing in the Tabranacle. The whole day it was snowing like crazy. I would have liked to have spent some more time walking around, but it was way too cold for this Arizona girl!

Luke in front of the temple.
Grady with my cousin Jessie and my Grandpa.




My cousin Jessie was kind enough to take a family picture for us, and I processed it. We had a great time these past few days, and now it's back to real life again :( ! Happy New Year everyone!

3 comments:

Erin said...

That picture of the temple spires with the red trees is SO pretty! I love it!

Jessie said...

I love all your pictures! Temple square looks amazing! And I'm glad at least one picture of your family turned out okay. :) I had sooo much fun with you and everyone at the reunion... especially playing Killer Bunnies until way late. haha Thanks for sharing your cute boys and some photography tips.

Lacey said...

Loved the family picture at the bottom! Such a cool background too!