Saturday, January 30, 2010

44 Allens take Disneyland by Storm!!!



Ty's family had a 3-day family reunion at Disneyland this week. Amazingly, everyone was able to make it there. Between our family, Ty's parents, his siblings, and his sibling's families there were 44 of us there total. We got lots of stares and questions when we walked around together with our Allen shirst on. Some people actually asked us "What does 'Allen' mean?" and "Where can I get that shirt? My last name is Allen too.". Seriously?! We all rode a couple of rides together too. Somehow I got the wettest on Splash Mountain. There were too many great pictures to choose from so I made a slide show. Just before we took the pictures with Lightening McQueen and the picture with all the grandkids Luke spilt his slushy all over Grady. That's why Grady is screaming in the McQueen picture and naked in the grandkids picture!

This was Luke and Grady's first trip to Disneyland. Ty and I had so much fun showing Luke around and taking him on all the rides. Disneyland is just as much fun for the parents as it is for the kids! Ty and I didn't feel like we were missing out on anything spending most of the day on the little kid rides. The first ride we went on was Pirates of the Caribbean. Both boys screamed almost the entire time. After that we took them on some different rides that they liked a lot. Luke's favorite rides were the 3 different train rides, the teacups ( I think we rode those at least 10 times!), and Dumbo. He also really enjoyed just walking around Toon Town and seeing the Aladdin and Playhouse Disney shows. Ty and I had fun too riding the rides.

Tonight at dinner Luke was making "Monorails" with his noodles and carrots. We all had such a great time. A special thanks to Ty's parents for making this happen!

5 comments:

Lacey said...

This is JUST Ty and his immediate family? HOLY COW! That's a lot of you! And hear I thought the fact that My parents have 11 grandkids was A LOT so far!

WE LOVE DISNEYLAND! We took Elodie when she turned 3 and plan to go back at the end of this year when Addysen is closer to 3!!! Such a fun family experience!

RiChArd and MeReDitH said...

rich's family are serious disneyland lovers. We have been a few times since we got married...and are planning a trip there in july. We think disneyland was really made for the adults! ha ha. rich turns into a little kid again at disneyland

Jessie said...

I'm totally digging the t-shirts! How fun! And sooo many beautiful pictures too. I'm glad you guys had so much fun! I'll bet it was a good time of year to go. Disneyland really is a special place. I hope Luke talks about it for weeks.

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

How fun!! I haven't been to Disney land FOREVER. We are planning on going to Disney world while we are here. There sure are a ton of kids in that last pic. Man alive! (remember that phrase from eac dayz;) What a fun family you married into!

Chantel said...

It was a blast and I'm excited to see all of our pictures compiled together to see everyone's different views. Great memories!!!