Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Yummy Sugar-e-ness

While we were in Utah, I went to the Rockie Mountain Chocolate Factory in the mall and bought a delicious little marshmallow creation. I went on and on about how good it was, and my cousin told me that I could probally make them at home. I tried making them today. I started with a normal store-bought marshmallows and dipped them in homemade carmel using a recipe I got from my friend Erin's cooking blog, The Untalented Chef. After the carmel set I melted some white chocolate chips mixed with a little bit of shortning and dipped the carmel marshmallows in the white chocolate. Then, just because they wern't sugary enough, I rolled them in cinnamon and sugar! Yum!!! Mine didn't turn out as beautiful as the ones at the Rockie Mtn. Chocolate factory, and they probally made everything from scratch, but I am still really enjoying them. They were really fun to make and fairly easy (I'd never made candy before by myself.). I wish you could taste them through the computer! If you live nearby fell free to stop by because I made way way too many to eat myself! Right now I'm feeling pretty good about myself, like I'm now officially a homemaker! Now if only I could get my house clean...


4 comments:

Chrissy said...

They look really good! Good Job! Too bad I don't live close enough to just stop by... :)

Erin said...

Those look delicious! I will have to try those myself sometime. Thanks for the shout out. I actually just made me a batch of those caramels!

Jessie said...

Absolutley delectible!

Erin said...

Wow. That sounds really yummy!! Do you still have any? I want to try!