Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sweet Little Newborn Boys

Two friends in my ward both had their first babies about two weeks ago. As shower gifts I offered to do mini newborn photo shoots for them. After Grady was born, I decided that I really love newborns. When Luke was a baby I really couldn't wait for him to grow up, but with Grady I've really enjoyed just having a baby. I loved spending time with these sweet little boys! Photography wise, this was a great learning experience for me.

(side note to Lauren and Jessie- Uncle Sam made this hat. Isn't he talented?!)
Just one more, because who can resist those sweet newborn sleep smiles!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Those are beautiful! I LOVE them!

Jessie said...

Well done! I especially love the black and white pictures. Timeless.

How did you do the all black background? I've done a little reading on newborn photography in prep for my own little boy, but I'm curious if you could send me an email with any suggestions and stuff that you learned! :)

Chantel said...

Great Job Rachel!!

Lauren said...

I know that baby! I was looking at those pictures on facebook and I thought, "Wow...who took these?" They're perfect pictures! Especially the one of him smiling.
ps: uncle Sam does make the best beanies ;)