Saturday, April 10, 2010

Easter and Some Randomness

Siblings



When I saw this first picture it instantly reminded me of this picture from Christmas.


Grady trying to take Luke's candy. Again. Poor Luke, I can sympathize with you. I am an oldest child too, so I know what it feels like to have younger siblings always messing with your stuff. Then you get mad at them because they are doing something wrong, but you are the one that gets in trouble. Mom says that " you should know better, because you're older!" Whatever! "I was just protecting my stuff! It was the little one who broke the rules!" you say, but still you get in trouble. I planned that when I was the mom I would do a better job of standing up for my oldest child, but I still find myself saying "He's just a baby, he doesn't know any better. You're the big boy. You need to be nice to him." Luke, I'm sorry that Grady is always messing up your stuff, and trying to take your candy.

Easter Egg Decorating
I think his facial expressions say it all!
We had a really nice Easter. On Saturday Luke and I colored eggs together. He loved it. Sunday morning we had a little Easter egg hunt in our backyard. Luke refused to put any of the real eggs that we colored into his basket, even when I asked him just to try and help me pick them up so I could put them back in the fridge. This kid just loves candy too much!

In between conference sessions we went to my in-laws for and Easter egg hunt, dinner, and a birthday celebration. I had a ton of fun hiding the eggs for the older kids. I can't wait till I can hide the eggs really well from Luke, and watch him try and find them.

Comparing loot with one of his favorite cousins, Ridge.

Taking a moment to enjoy his spoils in peace in Nana and Papa's backyard.

Easter also happened to be my niece Morgan's birthday too this year. Luke eating the B-day cake and wearing Nana's dress-up necklaces. I love this picture!


Nothing special, but possibly my new favorite picture of Grady-messy face and all. Also, I think his hair really is lightening up isn't it?



I've been working on my boys scrapbooks lately, and I just ran across this picture of Luke that I took over a month ago. I never paid it much attention then, but now I really love it. I love how his cheeks are all pink from just waking up from his nap. More than one really nice old lady(you know the type) has told me that his eyes just have a special twinkle to them, and I think you can really see that in this picture.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Rachel wow you have some very handsome boys! :) I love their eyes! You take the most awesome pictures - i am totally jealous lol! I wish I lived close to you so you could take some pictures of my Bosty Boo! :)

Jessie said...

Yes, I love that picture of Luke with the necklace too! And I totally agree with your anectdote of being the oldest child and your younger siblings always getting into your stuff! Humph! Beautiful pics, as always.

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

Grady is a smart one, going straight for the candy:) I don't remember those talks from my mother as a child but I am sure they were there. Being the oldest is hard sometimes.

I would love to come see the temple!!! Rhylan is really into them lately. We have a baptist church every block or so here and she is always saying "there's the temple!!" And without being rude I try and tell her "no way, that is not a temple!!! We have been to the one here in memphis but I think it would be cool for her to go inside. I'll see if my family wants to do that.

Chrissy said...

Those kids of yours sure are cute. And they are both such sweethearts, too! I love that picture of Luke with the necklaces on. All of the pictures are adorable. And, I too love your childen's eyes! Grady's getting so big! I can hardly believe it!