Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I Want One!


-A baby girl that is! Not anytime soon, seeing as I still have a baby, but I definitely want one someday. I am completely out numbered in this house full of boys! If it is your opinion that girls are so much harder to raise than boys and that I shouldn't want a girl, please save your breath! People telling that to me is my biggest pet peve! If you still feel the need to tell me that I don't want a girl, get ready to hear a long lecture that I have slowly been piecing together over the last 3 years!

It was actually Ty's idea that I do this photo shoot for a coworker of his, and I'm really glad I did it. It was fun getting to use all the fluffy and frilly little girl things, and the baby girl was such a dream baby! I learned a lot from this shoot, and know that I still long way to go before I get my photography to the level I want it to be at.






Honestly, as much as I love the fluff and frills, I think it's the simplicity of this last one that makes it my favorite.


9 comments:

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

I love having my little girl. I want more little girls!!! Hey, they're easier to potty train right?!! I think you deserve one...just keep having babies until you get one! Don't take no for an answer:)

Those pictures are BEAUTIFUL. I love to see your work:)

Hey if you can come visit me (not a requirement) my mom has a suggestion... She has a full time job now and is only going to be able to see us during the days on Sat, Sun and Tuesdays!!! So if you are planning on coming she would like us to hang out on a day where I can't hang out with her. Understandable:) So maybe a Monday or Wednesday? But again I know it's a sacrifice to some, so don't worry if you can't. I'll understand totally.

Jessie said...

Gorgeous baby! Lovely shots. Tell me... did you drape a blanket or sheet over a pillow for the backdrop? I must know! :)

And to answer your question, my mom is very much a conservative, just like the rest of the family. haha

Erin said...

I LOVE these! You are so talented!

Skylar & Chanell said...

Girls are absolutely worth it. They are so much fun and I think are much easier to handle when they get a little older. I don't blame you....everyone needs a girl in the family. Once again you do an amazing job at photography....keep it up!!

Lacey said...

Being a mother of 2 girls, don't let anybody get to you! Sure, I would love a boy but my girls are so fun. And believe me, I think it's all in how you raise them! And I have 3 brothers and they gave my parents more of a run for their money than I ever did!!!

Beautiful pictures- I can NEVER get my newborns to hold their head in their hands! Any tips?

P.S- If you have any tips on getting a boy send them my way...;)

Ginny said...

rachel!! those look SO AWESOME and so professional!!! I LOVE IT!. You should check out peekaboophotos.blogspot.com....when i get into photograhpy, that's TOTALLY the style i wanna do...and it's really similar to these pics here that you did! awesome job. soooo cute! and i would never tell you boys are easier than girls...a, because i dont have a boy and dont know...and b, because i love my little girl! but, i do wanna hear what youve been piecing together. sounds interesting :)

Matt and Megan said...

I am LOVING my girl!! I want some pics just like you did!! We so need to plan a trip down! They look amazing!!

flOwer bUcket bOUtique said...

The outfit you used turned out great - but I would have to agree, my favorites are the simple ones. I like the lifestyle photography vibe better ;)

Heidi Joncas said...

These are BEAUTIFUL!