Friday, May 21, 2010

Meet Luke

Luke is 3.
He likes to play cars and trains.
It's a sure bet, that if he's awake his mouth is moving!
He loves making up words.
He loves to call everyone he meets "Chicken Boy" then laughs hysterically.
To date, he has never refused a popsicle.
His favorite people in the world are mom & dad.
He is cautious and sensitive.
I love this kid!

These are his 3 year photos that I took. I feel like I've learned a lot lately about how to photograph my own kids, but I know I still have a lot a lot of room for improvement. I've been trying to embrace my surroundings, and all these photos were taken within walking distance of our house. I have way too many favorite, and these only represent 1/2 of them! This kid is so much fun for me to photograph. I've been taking pictures of him since the day he was born, and I don't think he has ever given me the same facial expression twice in three years! He just looks like such a different kid from picture to picture, but they are all faces I know and recognize. As always, feel free to critique! Isn't this kid just adorable?!!
#1


#2


#3

#4

#5

#6

#7

#8

#9


#10

In these next two he really reminds me of my brother Jeffrey.
#11

#12
I have no idea where this facial expression came from! I laughed out loud when I saw it upload on my computer!

#13




#14


#15


#16
Ha Ha! Okay, this one is just for fun!

11 comments:

chad and lemae said...

cute. love his big brown eyes

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

Ok i think # 4 an #10 are my favorite!! You are so good at getting the perfect skin tones! I love them. And yes he really is a cute adorable kid:)

Lacey said...

#8 and #14 Super cute!! They would all look awesome as a collage on a wall!

Jessie said...

the desert can be so beautiful. Wow! #6!!! I think you ought to start a business wiyh this photography thing! They're all REALLY good pictures and so much fun to look at! It makes me excited--not sad--to think of my own baby growing up.

Jessie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessie said...

If I sent you some RAWS of Jed would you be flattered enough to edit them for me? I just can't seem to get quite the right touch like you have.

Matt and Megan said...

You have to send those into baby gap or childrens place!! I have always thought he could be on the cover of some baby magazine!! My favs were #9 and #14!! He is adorable and you are just getting better and better!!

Lauren said...

These pictures are hilarious! I laughed out loud on some of them! 3,7, 9 and of course the last one are my favorites! I love his big brown eyes! and yes it was totally weird hearing my voice at the celebration last night!

Erin said...

Awww. Those are so good Rachel! My favorite is #6. I'd love to hear any advice you could give me!

Klan said...

My favorite is #7 with the colors on the chair.

Julie said...

you take some seriously amazing photos! I really like 8 and 9 are my favorite! Fun to see which ones everyone likes :)