Friday, May 14, 2010

Then & Now ... and some chicken

Then
(Me, Anne, and Savannah)


Now


Savannah and I were BFs in high school and roommates in college. Back then our priorities were boys, having fun, and school. Now we each have 2 kids and live across the country from each other! When she came up to visit her parents, nothing could keep me from coming up to see her. While it is definitely harder trying to carry on a conversation when there are 4 kids running/crawling around and calling us mom, we had a great time just hanging out again! We probably have a lot in common now than we did in high school. This is kind of crazy, but I am 1 month older than Savannah, Luke is 1 month older than her oldest, and Grady is 1 month older than her baby! I actually think our baby's look quite a bit alike too.


Savannah's little girl Rhylan. This picture just puts a smile on my face!


Our little boys, and no we did not coordinate their outfits beforehand!

Sav and I. We were going for cheesy on this first one, and I think we totally nailed it!


In other news, I canned chicken for the first time this week with my friend Amy! I know, a lot of you are most likely quite shocked that I had never done it before, but I am pretty proud of myself. Just call me Betty, Betty Crocker that is! :) Thanks Amy!

4 comments:

Lacey said...

Canned chicken is so yummy! I love it for my soups and chicken salad. I don't can it myself though- my mother in law and father in law give me like 15 jars for Christmas and I send them back when they are empty. It's a great deal! ;)

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

I love it!!!

first of all I am "Stealing" all of these:) (I will probably blog about it as well!)

Second that pic of Rhylan is so funny I laughed. Its perfect too, because her most common nickname is munchkin, and it is written right by her face. Riley is going to die!

third, I think we look even better now...of course in that first pic we are covered in dirt, our hair is windblown and we probably didn't shower:)

THANK you so much for coming to visit me. I know what a time you had trying to get there. You are such a good friend. I loved our day together. I still have that silly pic of Grady I took I'll e-mail it to ya!

Jessie said...

Cute pictures! (I need to shadow you with you camera sometime!) A BF for a girl is a must. Glad you guys keep in touch.

And I've actually never heard of canning chicken. What do you do with it? I guess I'm totally not Betty Crocker.

RiChArd and MeReDitH said...

Yay!!! I am sad I missed the reunion...maybe we will catch each other later. I loved seeing that picture in the back of the jeep...it totally brought a smile to my face...too bad there was not room in that uni-belt for one more!