Tuesday, October 13, 2009

3 Things to Blog About

This past week has been suprisingly busy. Our days were full of lots of fun things to do. It was really nice for a change.

First, We celebrated Ty's birthday this past week. I won't tell you how old he is, but let me just say that we only have one more year to "live it up" before he is officially old! It was a nice evening, nothing too extravagant. My mother-in-law watched our kids while I cooked Ty dinner at home. It was amazing actually being able to carry on a conversation with Ty for a change instead of just listening to Luke's jabbering the whole time. After dinner we brought the boys back home and had Ty's favorite, brownies and ice cream.




Second, Britini, a friend of mine that I visit teach, just had a new adorable little baby girl. I asked her if she would let me take some newborn pictures of the baby as a gift for her and practice for me. She agreed, and I really enjoyed taking the pictures. The baby was only 6 days old and was just sooo sweet. I can hardly believe that Grady was that small just 3 1/2 months ago! It was a great learning experience for me. Here's a couple of my favorites. Thanks Britini!





Third, Friday was Fair Day. Can you believe that the kids in this area actually get a day off of school for the County Fair?! I think that's pretty cool! In the morning I took Luke and Grady to the parade with all of Ty's family. I really enjoyed watching Luke get so excited about seeing the horses, tractors, floats, and fire engines going down the street. Needless to say, he also went crazy over all the candy that was thrown in the streets. Friday evening we went to the fair. On the way there, Ty and I were trying to get Luke excited about all the livestock animals he was going to see. When we pulled up he excitedly yelled "I'm going to see a flamingo!" We'll we didn't see any flamingos, but we did see plenty of cows, pigs, chickens, ducks, etc. to keep Luke happy. I know I need to count my blessings that at this stage in his life Luke is satisfied with just seeing all the animals and is not begging to ride all the over-priced rides. I'm sure next year we'll be going on a lot of those rides.


Luke waiting for the parade to start with a few of his cousins.


This is how Grady watched the parade in my mother-in-law's arms.

Luke admiring a pig with dad.

Grady and ducks

Luke getting up close and personal with a cow.

4 comments:

Jessie said...

What a fun week! I think it's funny that AZ waits until October for their county fair. It's threatening to turn to winter here! :) Rach, your pictures are just getting better and better! A professional couldn't have done any better with those infant pics! They're really adorable.

chad and lemae said...

fun! i would love to live in a small town for this reason. Luke looks way to old in these pics!

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

Hey you are right that picasa helpded me out thanks! I also would like to tell you about something check out this blog: http://katherinemariephotography.com/blog/ ON the right hand column there are a list of "favorites" she has a post about 10 tips for photographing newborns. I bet you could find some good tips in there for your new hobby!!

Erin said...

Rachel, those newborn shots are awesome! I love them. Great job.