Friday, October 16, 2009

Fohawk and a few pictures

Today was one of those days. I sat down at the computer to download the pictures from my camera that I had taken that morning, and the little box popped up that said I had 68 pictures ready to be downloaded. 68pictures!!! It wasn't even noon yet, but already I had taken 68 pictures of my kids!!! As I clicked the OK button to start downloading them I thought to myself "What in the world am I going to do with all the pictures!". It's not like I set out to do a photo shoot of my kids or anything. First I just wanted to get a picture of Luke after breakfast with oatmeal all over himself. Then I styled his hair in a fohawk and wanted some pictures of that. Then we went on a walk and I brought my camera along. I don't even know whether it's a good thing or a bad thing that I love almost all of the pictures, because now I can't just go through and delete a bunch of them. Please tell me I'm not the only person who has ever done this!


Anyways, back to the fohawk. I've decided to let Luke's hair grow out this fall and maybe winter. I had always been a sucker for guys with long hair when I was a teen and young adult. (Not ugly, gross, scary long but just that nice long disheveled look) So of course, I marry into a family that has the philosophy of "the shorter a boys hair the better." Don't get me wrong, I do like Luke with short hair and I think it's great for summer, but I just really want to try something new. I don't know exactly what I'm going for, but today Luke and I both had fun experimenting with the fohawk. It makes me smile, but I think it might make him look a tad too feminine. What do you think?




A couple days ago I got to go out on another photo shoot with Erin. It was for a little boy who had just turned one. He was so adorable with that little hat! Every time I go with Erin I learn so much. Here are a couple of my favorites. They aren't nearly as good as Erin's, but I can see an improvement in my work after spending time with her. Check out her pictures here.






4 comments:

Erin said...

Those pictures of Luke are THE CUTEST! Love his hair. I agree about long hair. It's attractive.

Jessie said...

lol! I don't think you're crazy, you're just a mommy with a great hobby! (And although Bron is ardent about boys and short hair, I'm secretly a fan of having a little styling fun too!)

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

Yeah i take a ton of picture of my kids too. I used to be able to fit two months worth on a CD but lately i can barely fit one month! July didn't even fit... Gracin was born so you know, i had to take a ton then:)

Don't worry you will have a girl someday and then you can totally have fun with hairdos! But for right now I think do what ever you want. He is just a kid!--A very cute kid.

The Helvig Familiy said...

How cute! You are quick the photographer; if I took pictures like that, I wouldn't be able to delete them either!

It was so good talking to you the other day. You seem so happy. I will definitely call you next time I am in Thatcher!