Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Day with LeMae and Ecksen




On Saturday while our husbands went to the ASU football game together, I got to spend the day with my sister-in-law LeMae and her adorable 11 month old son Ecksen. I'm so glad my little boys have so many cousins so close in age on Ty's side of the family. We went to the Railroad park in Scottsdale. Luke has recently added a love of trains to his obsession with "things that go". In addition to being a really nice park, they also had a little train that we all rode together and a carousel too. Luke loved it! I remember when he was a baby really wanting him to grow up so we could go out and do fun things together. Now that he's 2 1/2 I really love taking him out and doing new things with him. I'm looking forward to getting to do more things with him as he gets older. My Aunt Mari said it best when we were comparing her preteens to a 15-month-old Luke: "When they are little they are so cute, but they can't do much. Then they get to be old and funny-looking, but they can do all sorts of things!" I love my Aunt Mari! I really am making an effort to enjoy the stage my kids are at now. Anyways, thanks LeMae for the great day. I couldn't help snapping a few photos with my new lens while we were out. Enjoy!





6 comments:

Jessie said...

AWESOME, Rachel! Those are some great pictures! Very pro looking. :) It was good to talk to you last night. Thanks for taking the time. It's just better when we actually get together. Hopefully next summer!

Erin said...

What lens did you get? Love the pictures!!

ToddNSass said...

We took Evan to that park for his 4th birthday. He's a train guru too. What a fun place, huh? Your kids are so adorable, and your pictures are so great! How sad that you live four houses down and I am writing you on blogger. *sigh* I wish I had more energy after working to be more social!

Anonymous said...

Which lens did you get? I'm gonna guess 50mm 1.8?? We definitely should get together sometime soon. Love ya!

Matt and Megan said...

Those pics look so good!! We are probably coming down Halloween weekend maybe you can take some pics of my fam! Our boys love the train park too!!

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

Rach you are getting so good!!! I love the ones of grady 3 months too. I agree, Riley has to look at so many pics every week just so i can have someone be proud of me!! How fun to live close to old friends!