Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Pictures Just for Fun + 1

2/18 edit- I just had to add one more picture to this post. I took it this morning. I debated over and over in my head whether or not I wanted to do a little 2 and 3/4 mini photo shoot for Luke. I had decided not to, and that I would just try to take some nice pics of him doing things that he loves to do, because whenever I try to take a nice portrait of him I get really frustrated and he gets upset. I usually need someone to go along with me so I don't get upset at the poor little kid who absolutely hates to get his picture taken. (I never get upset with other people's kids, just Luke. I'm just a bad mom I guess. ) This morning I changed my mind though. It was a bit of work and I did get a little frustrated, but it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. The hardest part actually was trying to keep Grady from eating all the rocks while I took the pictures! The end result was definitely well worth the effort! I love this kid!



I've realized that I really need to captilize on picture taking at this time with Grady now while he sits up really well and can't get away from me too fast! Here's a couple of his almost 8 month old pictures. I can't believe how old he is looking, espically with his hair combed! My little sister Emily is coming to visit for about 24 hours this weekend, and I am so excited. She's agreed to be my guinea pig and let me take some senior portraits for her, so be looking for them soon!
(Sorry about the tie on this one honey!)
I seriously laughed out loud when I saw this picture upload to my computer. Could you ask for a funnier face?
A couple of weeks ago I called up my friend Amy and asked her if she'd let me practice her photography on her beautiful little girls, ages 4 and almost 2. She agreed and we had fun. It is so much easier to take pictures of a little girl that wants to have her pictures taken, than of Luke! This first one is my very favorite!

7 comments:

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

Oh i miss thatcher weather. It must be nice outside if your baby is without a shirt!!!!! He does look old with his slick hair do:) You are getting better every day. Can't wait to see emily's pics

chad and lemae said...

love the tie idea. so cute i would have never of thought of that. And i love the last pic of grady. that face is priceless

Jessie said...

I can't believe Grady is almost 8 months old already! I love him wiping his nose with daddy's tie. :) Great pics.

Crafty Cowgirl said...

I love how clear and beautiful ur picts are. And I can't stand it any more, I have to ask: what kinda of camera do u have and how do u get them to come out so great? Is it the camera,the setting, the flash, the lense, the photo editing?

Lacey said...

well, you read my post about my 2 girls so you know you aren't alone!!! Elodie is definitely my little poser!!! That first picture of luke is awesome! Don't you love that we can still take pictures outside in february! What a blessing!

amy and luke said...

Thanks again for taking my girls pictures they turned out so cute!!! And your boys are really handsome too I just love you guys!!!

Matt and Megan said...

I can not handle how cute your little guys are and how amazing you are with your camera!! I have always said this, Luke could be in a Gap ad or some kids magazine!! Once this little gal is born we are headed your way for some pics!!