Friday, June 11, 2010

A Cautionary Tale

Well, I tried making some Rice Krispie Treats this week with some Cocoa Krispies. It was a disaster! I used some somewhat stale generic brand marshmallows, and they would not melt! They got a little puffy and then they just started to burn. I tried using my beaters to get them to mix up with the butter, but that just ended up making a bigger mess. I decided not to let everyting go to waste, so I stirred in some peanut butter and put chocolate frosting on top. That helped a little to mask the funky marshmallows. They end up being very chewy with a couple bites that were so hard they could break your teeth. Moral of the story: Never use stale generic brand marshmallows to make Rice Krispie treats with!

My brave husband

2 comments:

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

Thats funny! Well boys will eat anything thats the best part:) I will remember your advice. I like the idea of using cocoa crisp I bet that could be yummy.

Jessie said...

I'll bet it still tasted okay! Sugar!!! lol