Wednesday, June 2, 2010

3 Month Outdoor Photo Session

I was lucky enough to get to photograph this little cutie again. I did a newborn session for him back in February. He was just so sweet, cuddly, soft, and just full of smiles! This was also my second paid photo shoot ever, so that was pretty cool for me. I would love to start doing photo shoots more often, now that I'm starting to feel like I know what I'm doing! It is just such a creative outlet for me, and gives me such a feeling of accomplishment. I have learned a lot these past 8 months, but I know I still have a lot to learn. At the start of each month I've thought to myself about my photography "Okay, I know what I'm doing now!", but then by the end of the month I've learned something new that I don't know how I thought I knew what I was doing without that knowledge! Anyways, hope you enjoy!



When we were finished and the sun had just set, I asked mom to join her little one for a couple quick shots. She protested, because she said she hadn't done her hair or make-up that day. I'm glad she did though, because she really is beautiful and a mom can't have enough pictures of her with her baby!

5 comments:

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

Rachel amazing!!!! I didn't know you were doing paid shoots!!! Congrats. You are awesome. I really like the first one. You are a pro at the lighting thing.

Erin said...

The first one is also my favorite. You are really talented! And I totally agree with you, just when I feel like I'm starting to get good, I learn something new and I feel like I don't know anything! I've only had my camera for a month now, so I know I've got a lot of learning to do...

Jessie said...

beautiful! I wish I knew what you know!

Lacey said...

Photography is so overwhelming! I'm right there with you.

And thanks for letting me know about that class- I had seen it on her website right before you left that message. I thought about doing it but I'm in the process of saving my pennies for a new lens. I'm going to pass!

Mariley Johnson said...

You are so talented Rachel!
It's so fun to catch up again.