Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A week of Celebration

We sure had fun last week! I turned 26 on Thursday, Grady turned 1on Saturday, Sunday was Father's Day, and then we had a party for Grady on Monday! My birthday was pretty nice. Ty and Luke made me breakfast, and later that afternoon Ty took me to the new temple for the first time. On Friday night he took me out to dinner.
Saturday we went on a little day trip up on Mt. Graham. We had a fun picnic, and then we hiked Lady Bug Saddle. We took a wrong turn on the hike and the terrain became extreemly dangerous, especially with 2 kids! We found our way back to the trail after a while and finally made it to the top. There were just thousands and thousands of lady bugs everywhere! Luke loved it!

Luke actually picked some flowers for me to put in my hair. He sure is going to be a heartbreaker!
Believe it or not, this is actually the first tie I have ever gotten for Ty. Father's day was just a nice laid back day, just the way Ty likes it. My boys are so lucky to have such an awesome, caring, and involved father! We finished off the day with a nice steak dinner.

We did some celebrating for Grady on Saturday, but reserved most of the fun for Monday night. He wasn't too interested in his presents, but he really loved his cake! He just dug in face first! I love this kid!

5 comments:

chad and lemae said...

I can't believe he is already one! Happy Birthday Grady and Rachel!

Lacey said...

Can you send me an email with info on the ladybug saddle trail? We would love to take our girls! Elodie loves ladybugs!!!

Happy birthday, so glad it was a fun weekend for you!

Jessie said...

I love birthdays and any excuse to celebrate! i love the collages! How did you do them?

Savannah Williamson Photography said...

I love your collages! especially the fathers day one:) I like that Gradey just plopped his face right in. Wow with a weekend like that what are you going to do the rest of June?=)

Jessie said...

that's funny you should say that Jed looks more like me because everyone around here says he's the spittin' image of Bron! And Bron and I don't see any of it at all. Oh well. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!