Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Okay, so I know most of you have moved on past Thanksgiving in your brains, but for posterity's sake, here is the account of our Thanksgiving this year. Our little family made the short trek up to my parent's house this year. My cousin Lauren and her baby Carter joined us for the ride up, and we really tested the capacity of our Tahoe. We had 4 car seats and 3 adults in the car along with all our luggage! The trip actually went perfectly and all the little ones were happy the whole way up. My Aunt Trudy (Lauren's mom) and Uncle Greg were down from Idaho with their with their boys Michael and Ryan. We had so much fun together. I love it when my family gets together, and I'm so glad that I got to stay for so long too. I had lots of fun shopping on Black Thursday/Friday too. It was a lot of fun to go this year with Necia, Lauren, Devin & Martin(our exchange student)!

My mom and her sister with their grand babies. Aren't they cute? - The moms that is.


Jeffrey was down from BYU too, and my kids always have so much fun with him. Here they are, very appropriately, playing football on Thanksgiving morning.

Ty even helped out in the kitchen too. -mashing the potatoes with Devin

When your husband is wearing flowery oven mitts you just have to take a picture. :)


Emily made this amazing cheese ball that looked like a turkey.

The real turkey. Yum!!!

Caption to this picture: "Really? This is the spectacular Thanksgiving feast that everyone has been talking about. I do not want to eat this. Where is the candy?"






My mom cutting Reddic's nails. I think I have a picture of my mom cutting all my kid's nails when they were babies.

Then it came time to say good bye to cousins. Luke cried and cried when Michael and Ryan left. He cried again when Jeffrey left. He is such a tender hearted kid.  

He did not want to let go of Ryan.

A pretty impromptu picture of the whole gang before everyone left.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

I've been waiting for this Thanksgiving post! Love the pictures of our moms and the babies. I can't wait to meet Reddic and Carter! :) Luke's face is priceless. That cheeseball turkey is way cool. And that's a nice last picture of the whole family.

Lauren said...

Hahaha that picture of Ty with oven mitts is good blackmail if you ever need it! Our moms are cute. I'm so glad we had Thanksgiving together! It was a lot of fun. Thanks for the fun ride up and for taking me on my first black friday! We should make it a tradition.