Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Adventures in Taking Pictures of My Kids- Part II

On Friday, Reddic turned 6 months, and to most mommy photographers like myself that means one thing - PHOTOSHOOT! Haha! I wanted to do something special, because 6 months is kind of a big deal.  I'd wanted to do the whole "fake bed" set up since Grady was a baby. I didn't have the white comforter though, and I was too cheap to go and buy one. I just stuck to taking Grady's pictures outside.  Somewhere over the past two years though, I've discovered that I am really drawn to photos of babies indoors, more than I am of babies outdoors. I guess it just seems like more of their natural habitat to me. That is just my personal taste though. I was so over joyed when I found this comforter at my parent's house recently. I think Reddic is just starting to get old enough that I'd really like some outdoors pictures of him now though. Yay for more photoshoots! :)  Anyways most of you probably already saw this photo on facebook. Here is a little of the behind the scenes action.
*disclaimer* - I'm just speaking from my personal experiences here, not as any sort of expert on the subject.  Nor do I claim that my pictures are perfect, I just like them as a mom. :)


My pull-back shot. :) I was so proud of myself that I thought to turn my kitchen table upside-down and use it as the "headboard".


 So here's the truth. Reddic can't really sit up. Actually he has just barely started rolling over. He's just our fat and happy blob. He is close to sitting, but he usually only stays up for about 30 seconds. There was a lot of me getting him into place and hurrying as fast as I could to get my shot before he tipped over. Don't worry, he was on top of a comfy mattress and he actually thought it was quite fun to fall over. :) I got lots of pictures like these.

Just for fun, here are two more of my favorites.

For all the fun stats, Reddic has 2 teeth already. He is definitely our earliest teeth-getter. He also weighed an even 19lbs. at the doctor's office a few days before he turned 6 months. That makes him our fattest baby ever too. We love this little guy. He is just so happy all the time. He is so quick to laugh and smile. He is also has a very easy-going personality. He is so much like Luke and Grady, and yet so different at the same time.

One other thing I have learned being my kid's personal photographer, is that everytime I look at a picture of my kids that I took, I'm not just reminded of what they looked like at that particular age, I'm reminded of the great memories we made that day doing our little photoshoot together.

Okay, one more just for fun.
My little milk addict.  -and yes I just took down our Valentine's Day decorations just yesterday.

7 comments:

Erin said...

Oh my gosh, so friggin cute!!! That's so smart to use your table as a "headboard". LOVE it! These are all really beautiful!

Clint and Tiffany said...

SO CUTE!!! Good job, those turned out great!!

Lacey said...

This is so fun! He reminds me so much of Evyn Kate. She will be one this month and has no interest in crawling. I swear she spends all day on her belly and hates it. She can sit up really well and scoot backwards, and when we put her on her hands and knees she will stay there. She just doesn't want to go anywhere. And that is so her personality!
As for the indoor shots, I was thinking the same exact thing yesterday.. In fact I brought my camera to the library so i could get some outdoor shots of EK, it was too sunny out so we didn't do it but I was on your wave length!

I love your idea behind the dining room table. GENIUS! And your boys are so cute! I need one! ;)

Jessie said...

That is AWESOME! That last picture made me laugh out loud. Jed chugs nearly half a gallon of milk a day too.

You gotta do more photography posts like this! I was thinking about doing some bed pics of our new baby after he/she arrives, but the light... you know. I can't believe you made a "bed" in the kitchen. So cool. Love your pictures! Reddic is a cutie. And you're a wonderful mom.

Lauren said...

Reddic looks so happy to be falling over. Those pictures are hilarious and adorable.

Mariley Johnson said...

I love your table! And that milk picture is just too much!!!

Dustin and Tricia said...

That is so creative! I saw that pic on facebook and tried to kind of recreate it while in California. Of course it didn't turn out as cute, but it was fun to try.